- “Game of Thrones” actress Esmé Bianco’s sexual assault lawsuit against Marilyn Manson was dismissed on Wednesday.
- Bianco filed the lawsuit alleging sexual assault and battery in April 2021.
- The lawyers for the parties said they met on Jan. 17 and had reached a settlement deal.
“Game of Thrones” actress Esmé Bianco and shock rock artist Marilyn Manson have settled a sexual assault lawsuit that was mounted against Manson in 2021 and modified several times.
Bianco sued Manson in April 2021, claiming that he “committed sexual acts” with her without her consent and subjected her to forced drug use. Her lawsuit was amended in May 2022 to include an accusation of tortious interference, specifically that Manson had tanked her business ventures.
In a Tuesday court filing reviewed by Insider, attorneys for the parties said that they met on January 17 and reached a settlement deal. According to a judge’s ruling on Wednesday, the case is now dismissed.
“As a result of the private mediation, the Parties have reached an agreement in principle to resolve the above-referenced litigation,” Manson’s attorney Howard King wrote in the filing. “The parties are finalizing the papers documenting their agreement and anticipate a dismissal being filed within 45 days.”
Bianco, who played the character Ros on “Game of Thrones,” had filed the civil lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, and did not specify the damages sought for the sexual assault and battery claims.
“Ms. Bianco has agreed to resolve her claims against Brian Warner and Marilyn Manson Records, Inc. in order to move on with her life and career,” Jay Ellwanger, Bianco’s attorney, told Insider. An attorney for Manson reiterated to Insider that Bianco agreed to resolve the claims.
Her original lawsuit also included a claim that Manson violated the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act, which was later dropped in an amended complaint. Manson’s attorneys previously tried and failed to ask a judge to dismiss the suit.
Since 2021, Manson has faced numerous sexual misconduct allegations, with actor Evan Rachel Wood becoming the first person to publicly accuse him of abuse.
Bianco later sued Manson, and two other women who sued Manson on similar grounds have had their lawsuits dismissed in 2022 and early 2023. Manson sued Evan Rachel Wood for defamation in March 2022 related to her claims of sexual abuse about him.
Bianco and Manson dated in 2011, and the actress first spoke publicly about the allegations in a New York Magazine interview in February 2021. Manson denied the allegations made by the women and called them “horrible distortions of reality” during the same month as others spoke out as well.
Through the cases, Manson’s attorney had insinuated that the women worked together to coordinate their claims.
In a filing related to Bianco’s case, King claimed that the lawsuits were “a key component of a coordinated attack by multiple plaintiffs, who are cynically and dishonestly seeking to monetize and exploit the #MeToo movement.”